Mednest Medication Administration
Closed Loop Medication Process
A Closed-Loop Medication Management (CLMM) system is a fully-electronic medication management process that integrates automated systems to completely close the inpatient med management, administration, and documentation loop.
The MedNest supports an efficient and safe Closed-Loop Medication Management process by integrating the physician, clinician and pharmacist workflows from the point of prescription to bedside medication administration. MedNest facilitates adherence and compliance to secure medication procedures improving both patient safety and the quality of care.
Integrate the MedNest into the full-featured CareLink Nurse Workstation, or set-up in a patient room for counter top or wall mount access.
The MedNest Module provides these key features to advance facilities toward a truly closed-loop medication management system.
- Optimized clinical workflow
- Improved Patient Safety
- Enables automated tracking
- Documented open HL7 compliant platform
The MedNest is available with multiple software options to support your closed-loop medication management system and clinical workflow requirements.
- Assign individual locking drawers for up to 12 patients
- Drawers open with scan of patient wristband
- Supports witness or dual-authentication requirements
- Built-in reporting available to manage and monitor exceptions
- Process and reconcile returns, waste, missed doses and cancelled orders
- Integration options include AD, ADT, eMar/EMR, CPOE, Pharmacy and ADC’s
Well Suited For
- Bedside Med Administration
- MedNest Module Dimensions: 14.1″ W x 12.5″ D x 11.1″ H (390 mm x 318 mm x 282 mm)
- Power: 24 Volt DC or AC (with adapter), 110 V-220 V AC
- Weight: 32 lbs (14.5 kg)
- Connection: Connects to Computer via USB or Bluetooth