NexsysADC™ Automated Dispensing Cabinet
The Practical ADC To Tightly Manage Controlled Meds, STAT Doses, & Supplies
NexsysADC™ is the most secure technology to manage controlled medications, STAT/first doses and electronic “E-Kits” — designed for any care environment handling controlled doses and high-value meds/supplies (senior care, hospice, behavioral health, surgery, veterinary). NexsysADC dramatically improves current manual methods for safely storing and dispensing medications and supplies at the point of care. And NexsysADC is practical (about 40% less than alternative automated dispensing cabinets). At all times, you know what medications are inside each cabinet, who’s accessing them, and what medication is dispensed for a specific patient or procedure. NexsysADC even has built-in tamper-evidence technology. The end result: Medications are secured, and ROI is assured.
NexsysADC is designed for:
- Secure storage of sensitive and expensive medication doses
- Avoidance of controlled medication diversion/theft/loss
- Senior Care: STAT doses, 1st doses, electronic emergency kits (“E-Kit”)
- Any Care Site handling controls and expensive doses or supplies (behavioral health, ambulary surgery, hospice, veterinary, education simulation)
- Full tracking of all interactions
- Tight inventory management
- Cost-cutting (decrease or eliminate local pharmacy delivery fees)
- Billing control
Custom-configured for each facility
- Choose the design: We will counsel you on what’s best for your medication inventory. NexsysADC is available in two sizes: the main cabinet (10 tiers) or countertop-sized NexsysADC 4t (four tiers). Click here for more.
- Choose the amount of total storage. For an expansive formulary, add one or more auxiliary cabinets (10 tiers, up to 400 SKUs, networked to your primary NexsysADC cabinet).
- Choose the security level: Each involved staff member is assigned user privileges. The networked system tracks what medication is picked, who picked it, and for which patient/procedure, with tamper-evident technology backing you up.
- Choose the number of NexsysADC units to deploy: NexsysADC is practical and affordable so you can deploy at each facility. Cloud connectivity allows you to easily expand to more facilities.
NexsysADC - Next-generation medication security
- 100% Tracking & Tracing, from log-in to log-out
- Cloud-based, HIPAA-compliant system provides 24/7 access to inventory information, user tracking, electronic ordering, and integration with your management software system
- For LTC: Infinitely safer than manual ‘tackle box’ methods for stat doses/starter doses/”E-Kits”
- Main cabinet capacity for almost 400 unique oral solid medication SKUs
- Choose up to 10 Controlled Access Modules (CAMs) to automate from 25 up to 250 controlled or high-value medications.
- Full reporting package to give valuable data and feedback on system operation, grouped by Inventory, Activity, User, Billing, Patient
- Accommodates virtually all medication and supply packaging types, from unit dose to punch cards to PRNs and bulk supplies
- Touch screen computer with integrated barcode scanner
- Capsa Healthcare is the only medication management company that is ISO 27001:2013 information security management certified for cyber security and HIPAA compliance
Click the buttons below to learn more
22” touchscreen monitor with handle
Bright Pick-To-Light guided access shows clinician the location of the specific dose, plus coresponding onscreen prompts
CAM (Controlled Access Module) for controlled and high-value med doses; Cabinet holds 1 to 10 CAMs; Each CAM holds up to 25 SKUs in locking cells
Supply drawers (3”, 6” or 10”) for any bulk supplies; Drawers individually locked, with guided access; Each drawer configurable from 1-12 individual cells
2D Barcode Reader
Open cell medication bins for non-controlled meds, with guided access; Each bin configurable from 1-14 individual cells
Integrated UPS for extended cart life in case of power event
Biometric sign-in and Prox Card sign-in for desired security levels
Well Suited For
- Senior care facilities and nursing homes
- Critical access hospitals
- Surgery centers (ASCs)
- Rehab and psych environments
- Veterinary clinics
- Dental surgery
- Nursing education simulation
- Cabinet size 43″(h) 24″(d) 25″(w) / 109(h) 61(d) 65(w)cm
- Work surface height 43″
- Adjustable 22″ touchscreen monitor
- Top of monitor height 67″ maximum
- Weight 145 lbs (empty) up to 350 lbs (with 10 CAMs)
- Capacity up to 400 SKUs (highly configurable)
- Also available: countertop-sized NexsysADC 4T (four tiers). Click here for more.
- CAMs (Controlled Access Module)
- Configured for up to 25 SKUs; 12 CAM configurations available
- CAM size 16.25″w x 13.375″d x 3″h
- 1×1 cell 2.76″w x 2.37″d x 2″h
- 1×2 cell 5.78″w x 2.37″d x 2″h
- 2×2 cell 5.78″w x 4.86″d x 2″h
- Open cell medication bins for routine meds: 2-Tier and 3-Tier
- Each bin can be adjusted for 1 to 14 locations. These medications are also tracked.
- 2-tier (6 individual bins): 18″w x 16″d x 6.5″h, 15 lbs
- 3-tier (9 individual bins): 18″w x 16″d x 9.75″h, 21.5 lbs
- Single cassette bin: 5.25″w x 11.5″d x 2.5″h
- Positions per bin: Can contain up to 14 positions per bin. Positions can be combined by removing dividers.
- Supply drawers: Available in 3″, 6″ or 9″ depth
- Each drawer can be adjusted for 1 to 24 positions
- 3″ drawer: 17″w x 14.75″d x 3″h
- 6″ drawer: 17″w x 14.75″d x 6.5″h
- 10″ drawer: 17″w x 14.75″d x 9.75″h
- If adding an auxiliary cabinet for up to 400 additional SKUs, click here
- Biometric finger scanner
- Barcode scanner (2D)
- Windows 10 embedded (IOT) operating system
- Ethernet, WiFi networking
- Built-in uninterrupted power supply (operation 6+ hours)
- Power requirements: Standard dedicated universal outlet
- UL tested & approved
Pandemic Impact On Long-Term Care Facilities & The Capsa Solution
For LTC facilities with restricted access due to COVID-19, pharmacy providers may be challenged to deliver Stat/1st doses or properly maintain controlled medications. The manual tackle box “E-Kit” has high potential for cross-contamination and no tracking-tracing. NexsysADC lessens the dependence on courier deliveries, promotes social distancing, and ensures patients receive medications exactly when needed.