NexsysADC™ Automated Dispensing Cabinet
The Practical ADC To Tightly Manage Controlled Meds, STAT Doses, & Supplies
NexsysADC™ is the most secure technology to manage controlled medications, STAT/first doses and electronic “E-Kits”. NexsysADC dramatically improves current manual methods for safely storing and dispensing medications and supplies at the point of care (especially controlled meds and high-value meds). And NexsysADC is practical (about 40% less than alternative automated dispensing cabinets). At all times, you know what medications are inside each cabinet, who’s accessing them, and what medication is dispensed for a specific patient or procedure. NexsysADC even has built-in tamper-evidence technology. The end result: Medications are secured, and ROI is assured for both the pharmacy and the facility.
NexsysADC is designed for:
- Secure storage of sensitive medications
- Starter doses, STAT doses, 1st doses, electronic emergency kits (“E-Kit”)
- Avoidance of controlled medication diversion/theft/loss
- Full tracking of all interactions
- Tight inventory management
- Cost-cutting (decrease or eliminate local pharmacy delivery fees)
- Billing control
Custom-configured for each facility
- Choose the design: We’ll counsel you on what’s best for your medication inventory. NexsysADC is available in two sizes: the main cabinet (10 tiers) or new countertop-sized NexsysADC 4t (four tiers). Click here for more.
- Choose the security level: Each pharmacy and care facility staff member is assigned user privileges. The networked system tracks what medication is picked, who picked it, and for which patient, with tamper-evident technology backing you up.
- Choose the number of NexsysADC units to deploy: NexsysADC is practical and affordable so you can deploy at each facility. Cloud connectivity allows you to easily expand to more facilities.
NexsysADC - Next-generation medication security
- 100% Tracking & Tracing, from log-in to log-out
- Cloud-based, HIPAA-compliant system provides 24/7 access to inventory information, user tracking, electronic ordering, and integration with your pharmacy software systems
- Infinitely safer than manual ‘tackle box’ methods for stat doses/starter doses/”E-Kits”
- Main cabinet capacity for almost 400 unique oral solid medication SKUs
- Choose up to 10 Controlled Access Modules (CAMs) to automate from 25 up to 250 controlled or high-value medications.
- Full reporting package to give valuable data and feedback on system operation, grouped by Inventory, Activity, User, Billing, Patient
- Accommodates virtually all medication and supply packaging types, from unit dose to punch cards to PRNs and bulk supplies
- Touch screen computer with integrated barcode scanner
- Capsa Healthcare is the only medication management company that is ISO 27001:2013 information security management certified for cyber security and HIPAA compliance
Well Suited For
- Senior care facilities and nursing homes
- Critical access hospitals
- Surgery centers (ASCs)
- Residential care facilities
- Rehab and psych environments
- Veterinary and dental clinics
- Nursing education simulation
- Cabinet size 43″(h) 24″(d) 25″(w) / 109(h) 61(d) 65(w)cm
- Work surface height 43″
- Adjustable 22″ touchscreen monitor
- Top of monitor height 67″ maximum
- Weight 145 lbs (empty) up to 350 lbs (with 10 CAMs)
- Capacity up to 400 SKUs (highly configurable)
- Also available: new countertop-sized NexsysADC 4t (four tiers). Click here for more.
- CAMs (Controlled Access Module)
- Configured for up to 25 SKUs; 12 CAM configurations available
- CAM size 16.25″w x 13.375″d x 3″h
- 1×1 cell 2.76″w x 2.37″d x 2″h
- 1×2 cell 5.78″w x 2.37″d x 2″h
- 2×2 cell 5.78″w x 4.86″d x 2″h
- Open cell medication bins for routine meds: 2-Tier and 3-Tier
- Each bin can be adjusted for 1 to 14 locations. These medications are also tracked.
- 2-tier (6 individual bins): 18″w x 16″d x 6.5″h, 15 lbs
- 3-tier (9 individual bins): 18″w x 16″d x 9.75″h, 21.5 lbs
- Single cassette bin: 5.25″w x 11.5″d x 2.5″h
- Positions per bin: Can contain up to 14 positions per bin. Positions can be combined by removing dividers.
- Supply drawers: Available in 3″, 6″ or 9″ depth
- Each drawer can be adjusted for 1 to 24 positions
- 3″ drawer: 17″w x 14.75″d x 3″h
- 6″ drawer: 17″w x 14.75″d x 6.5″h
- 10″ drawer: 17″w x 14.75″d x 9.75″h
- Biometric finger scanner
- Windows 10 embedded (IOT) operating system
- Ethernet, WiFi networking
- Built-in uninterrupted power supply (operation 6+ hours)
- Power requirements: Standard dedicated universal outlet
- UL tested & approved
The COVID-19’s Impact On Long-Term Care Facilities & The Capsa Solution
For LTC facilities with restricted access, pharmacy providers may be challenged to deliver Stat/1st doses or properly maintain controlled medications. The manual tackle box “E-Kit” has high potential for cross-contamination and no tracking-tracing. NexsysADC lessens the dependence on courier deliveries, promotes social distancing, and ensures patients receive medications exactly when needed.