The pandemic brought about many changes to the healthcare industry. Healthcare practices nationwide had to shift their focus to virtual care solutions, utilizing tablets and tablet carts to maintain patient care with minimal face-to-face contact.
So how did tablets and tablet carts come to be used in healthcare? Why should you use a tablet cart in your facility, and how can you know which to purchase?
Capsa Healthcare’s free, non-gated e-book Tablet Carts in Healthcare: Work Use Cases and Buyer’s Guide answers these questions in depth. It details the benefits and applications of medical carts and specific factors to consider to purchase the best cart for your facility.
Tablet Cart Buyer’s Guide
Capsa’s e-book discusses the efficiency and safety of medical carts. The buyer’s guide lists every question to answer before investing in a tablet cart for your clinic, care center, or health system — including those about your environment and budget. For making a well-informed decision, it then describes must-haves and nice-to-haves to customize your tablet cart to your needs.
The Rise of Tablets in Healthcare
The rapid adoption of tablets in other industries put immense pressure on the healthcare industry to evolve and integrate these mobile technologies into their systems. Doctors and nurses eventually realized the benefits of tablets and slowly adopted them into their workflow streams. A 2013 study revealed that 50% of providers viewed tablets as positively affecting numerous aspects of the patient care journey, including communication and productivity.
The e-book delves deeper into how healthcare providers readjusted their strategies for prioritizing the adoption of tablet technology.
Key Advantages of Tablets in Healthcare
Tablets allow doctors to provide high-quality care and offer many advantages, including:
- Ease of communication
- Enhanced security
- Improved efficiency
- Higher accuracy
- Better patient access to quality care
Download the e-book to learn how these advantages affect patient care and care workflows.
Why Put a Tablet on a Cart?
Below is a list of the most typical tablet cart use cases in hospitals and clinics today. Tablet Carts in Healthcare: Work Use Cases and Buyer’s Guide expands upon the use cases for Tryten’s tablet carts, addressing their design, benefits, and real-life use examples in detail.
- Telehealth Cart (aka Telemedicine Cart): A mobile computer cart equipped with technology for two-way video conferencing. It allows you to conduct telehealth visits easily and automatically transmits data from your visit once complete.
- Patient Registration Cart: A medical computer cart featuring a mounted tablet or touchscreen and registration systems for patients to input their information.
- Electronic Health Records (EHR) Cart: When practices integrate this mobile cart, medical providers can quickly input patient information in real time and verify it with patients.
- Virtual Rounding Cart: A mobile medical cart that allows you to mimic face-to-face interaction as you perform rounding duties virtually.
- Medical Device Cart: A rolling medical cart with tablets, electronic diagnostic tools, and accessories to automatically record and transmit digital readings.
- Video Remote Interpretation (VRI) Cart: A medical laptop cart that utilizes videoconferencing software and video equipment to contact remote interpreters for deaf and hard-of-hearing patients.
Download the free e-book (no email required) to learn more about Tryten’s other custom medical carts, including virtual visit carts and mobile gaming carts.
Get the Perfect Tablet Cart for Your Facility
Once you complete Tablet Carts in Healthcare: Work Use Cases and Buyer’s Guide, you’ll be equipped with all the information you need to decide if mobile medical carts would benefit your facility.
When you’re ready to talk to your medical vendor about tablet carts for your facility, we would be happy to guide you through Capsa Healthcare’s lineup of Tryten tablet carts to meet your unique needs. Contact us today to learn how our wide variety of platforms can support you.